Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gavin DeGraw

I am a die-hard fan of Gavin DeGraw. Die-hard? Let me explain:
1- His homepage is the first on my list of 'favorite websites.'
2- I have a shirt with his name and logo on it.
3- I can sing along with EVERY one of his songs.
4- Second row at his concert in Columbus!
5-My English 251 notebook has two lines of lyrics from various Gavin DeGraw songs on the bottom of all the pages.
6- My background picture on my phone is a picture I took of him singing-- and has not changed for almost a whole year.

It is a great feeling to find a singer out there that you really connect with. I love how he writes his own music, because that passion comes through as he sings. Singers should write their own lyrics, just as a President should write their own inaugural address. Obviously, it is not as serious, but how can you put as much emotion into something that someone made up for you? Music is very important to me, and I am excited that we get to learn about Hymns in class this week. =)
I just want to suggest that everyone listens to Lover Be Strong, the best song ever.
that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment