Thursday, April 8, 2010

Book List

One of my best friends has a list of 32 books that she wants to read this summer. 32! This motivated me to make a list, because I will have spare time during the summer while not at work. Books are amazing for educating, AND entertaining. Ahem:
1- The Count of Monte Cristo
This is my mom's favorite book, and I have always had the desire to read it, I just not the time.
2- Moby Dick
It was dedicated to Nathaniel Hawthorne, which I learned during my author spotlight study, and I also remember that it is Matilda's favorite book on the movie with the trunchabul =)
3- The Kite Runner
I started this book over winter break, but have not had time to finish it yet.
4- As You Like It
I realized, while studying Othello, how much I enjoy Shakespeare. This is one of his happiest plays, or so I've heard, and I want to see how it goes.
5- The Catcher and the Rye
My brother is reading this right now, plus the huge discussion in class has made me intrigued.
6- Running With Angels
My mom likes this book, as a runner, and says it has good insight.
7- The Uglies series
My cousin Natalie just bought these at the bookstore, my friend Dallin has been reading them, and they just seem to be everywhere!

My list isn't long-- yet! But I will add to this list, and pick up random books that I see while wandering around the library as well. Summer is so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment