Thursday, April 8, 2010

General Conference

I was able to go to the Sunday afternoon session of general conference at the conference center. It was amazing! I always love when the prophet walks in and everyone stands up and goes silent. Not to mention, the counsel was very uplifting, as usual.
I wonder how long it takes to write a talk for conference. I was surprised to hear that those who speak in conference come up with their own topics and don't discuss it with any other apostles or speakers. It may be possible that there are two people speaking on the same subject, but that just means it is all the more important for us to hear at the time. Also, everyone has a different take on different subjects.
It is great that conference can be watched online at any time, as well. My freshman year in seminary, my teacher had an eye-opening activity. He played a list of 10 songs (just parts of the song) and had us write the title and the singer/band. Then he played little clips of apostles speaking and had us identify them. It made me realize that I should listen to the words of the Lord's apostles more, so I can quickly identify who is speaking.
For me, there is always a spiritual high that comes from the general conference time of year =)

No comments:

Post a Comment